One person was feared killed while two others sustained serious injuries in a gas explosion which occurred in the Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun State.
The Guardian gathered that the explosion which happened around 8 a.m. along Folagbade road in Ijebu-Ode involved, a tricycle, three motorcycles and a Honda SUV.
According to an eyewitness, the explosion was caused by gas cylinder belonging to one of the passengers of the tricycle.
The eyewitness explained that, the rider of the tricycle conveying three occupants parked by the road side, when the owner of the cylinder discovered that the gas was leaking.
The source said the tricycle was parked near a faulty car with a radiator problem.
He explained further that the occupant in an attempt to fix the leaking cylinder alighted from the tricycle and the explosion was triggered by the heat which emanated from the car whose bonnet was opened.
The source disclosed that the accident involved three people, adding that one of the victims was badly injured.
“The owner of the cylinder had just refilled it with gas and unknown to her, the cylinder was leaking.
“The rider of the tricycle parked by the road side for the woman to fix the leaking cylinder, but unfortunately, there was a car with radiator problem parked nearby.
“The heat generated by the car triggered explosion,” he said. He added that the victims, who suffered third degree burn, were rushed to Ijebu-Ode General Hospital, but the hospital refused to treat them and they were taken to an unknown hospital.
The Public Relations Officer of the State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Mr. Babatunde Akinbiyi confirmed the accident.
Akinbiyi said the tricycle, three motorcycles and one Honda SUV were burnt. He added that the occupants of the tricycle also had severe injuries and have been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Akinbiyi, however disclosed that, he could not ascertain if anyone died in the explosion.