Legendary David Beckham’s Inter Miami are being investigated by the MLS for ‘violating the salary budget’ by signing France 2018 World Cup winner Blaise Matuidi.
Matuidi joined Inter Miami on a free transfer from Juventus last August.
But the MLS confirmed they are looking into the deal to determine whether Inter Miami broke the league’s regulations.
An MLS statement released on Friday said: “Major League Soccer has begun a formal review of Inter Miami CF’s signing of midfielder Blaise Matuidi, specifically investigating whether the signing of the player complied with Major League Soccer’s salary budget and roster guidelines.
“MLS will not make further comment until the completion of its investigation.”
The club said they intended to engage with the league’s review process.
Inter Miami joined the Eastern Conference for the first time last year.
There are strict, specific limitations in place for salary caps and squads – as detailed in the roster rules released in March 2020
The overall salary budget for the first 20 players in the squad was £3.55million – although that could instead be split across 18 players if the club preferred.
Each MLS team is allowed two high-priced ‘designated’ players who exceed the £443,434 maximum budget charge (£221,717 if signed in the summer transfer window) – plus a third if there was a £108,600 payment to the league split among other teams.
Each team could use £1.1m in general allocation money to buy down a player’s salary budget charge, and £2m in targeted allocation money to sign new players whose salary and signing costs were above the maximum salary charge or to convert a designated player to a non-designated player.
Fastest Paying Betting Site in Nigeria: Grab your 140% First Time Deposit Bonus Now — www.Sportybet.Com Copyright © 2021 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.